Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's been a long time..........

Holly and I finally got a call from the adoption agency last week. We were so excited that we had actually gotten a call, but we were also under the impression that we would go on a 'list' of names with others interested in adopting. Come to find out, we were the only names submitted (thankfully) and the birth mom liked our profile. So, WE ARE GETTING A BABY!!! You probably all know that already, but I am super excited (but trying to hold it in).
So, on Tuesday, September 21 the birth mom, let's call her b.m. (I know it sounds funny but work with me here), thought she had a sonogram. We waited ALL day to get a call and finally get a call that she had the wrong date. The sonogram was to take place today Wednesday, September 22. I actually didn't have to work tonight, so Holly and I decided to go for a run. When we stepped outside, it looked like it might rain. Now we can handle the rain, but our dogs can't, so I told Holly that we really should let them in the house (not really important to the story but I thought you should know). Holly goes back in the house and lets the dogs in from the backyard. We take off on our little journey. Holly has her phone with her because by 5:00 pm we still had not gotten a call. While we were out running, it rained on us, but when I looked up in the sky I saw a rainbow. I told Holly and then she said, "Oh, there are two rainbows." Then Holly checks her phone and she had a message. She had missed the call from Beth Ann (lady at the adoption agency). IT'S A GIRL!!! WAAAAAHOOOOO!!! To be honest, I didn't really care if the baby was a boy or a girl, but this was just awesome.
We had just seen a double rainbow, a beautiful gift from God, and then we find out that we will have a girl by the end of the year. What a great day!!!!
I will keep this page updated as I find out more news. Right now, the baby looks healthy. She is due on December 26. Send up positive thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment