Friday, September 18, 2009

a few thoughts

Right now it looks like Ava will be with us until at least September 30, then her parents go back to court. We'll see what happens after that. In the meantime, she is doing better every day. She went to the doctor today and got a clean bill of health. The doctor was very impressed how she is doing developmentally considering what she has gone through. She also told us we were doing an excellent job with her. Ava weighs 9 pounds. She has managed to pack on two pounds in two weeks. (At least it is her and not me....oh...this is Ashley, by the way). Also, this week we got what I like to call a 'parenting skills' letter from her mother. I could say some really ugly things right now, but I have all week so I am going to be nice now. Let's just say, the mom sent us the 'parenting skills' letter the day before she had to go to court. I'll let your mind soak that one up. ;)
Ava is going to the sweetest lady for daycare. She loves her and holds her alot during the day. She has a very sweet disposition. I just want to hug her, but she may think that is weird. There is another lady who works there who only speaks spanish, so most of the kids there are somewhat bilingual. If Ava stays with us, hopefully she will know spanish (and not use it to cuss us because we won't know what she is saying). Ava has baby acne pretty bad right now. She looks like she has the measles or some horrible face rash. The doctor said to just leave it alone and it will go away. I, myself, would like to rub some lotion on it because it makes her skin look dry. But, I will do what to doc says since she went to school for this. She has been able to just lay on a blanket without a pacifier in her mouth for longer periods of time. She can even roll over onto her side (at one month old). I think she is going to be an athlete. ;) She only wakes up once during the night to eat. She is usually pretty easy to put back to sleep (except for last night). I just think she is great (so does Holly). Macey thinks she cries too much and is too loud. She also thinks Ava follows her around the house. When Macey leaves because she is crying, she always ends up where Macey went. ;) Jacey just wants to follow Holly EVERYWHERE she goes. She is Holly's shadow. Cruz could care less about what goes on around here as long as she has food. I had some issues with my LPC temporary license, but hopefully that is all in the works to be fixed. The state didn't want to accept a couple of my classes, so I called DBU and have three professors helping me out. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon. Holly is going to class on Mondays. She must really like this class. I have actually seen her read a book. This is not normal, so I know she likes it. Ok...feeding time is approaching. Tune in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment