Friday, August 14, 2009

Work and wisdom teeth




Today is Friday, August 14th. For some reason Wylie ISD thought it would be a great day to start teacher in-service. I, however, thought this would be a great day to try and recover from oral surgery. I had my wisdom teeth extracted yesterday. YUK!!! I'm glad I don't have to do this again. I don't feel horrible...really I am just tired of sitting around with my mouth open all day. It is beginning to tire my jaws. Anyway, I am doing pretty good. I'm hoping I miss out on the whole dry socket thing.




On another note, I have been pretty busy since we got back from Colorado. We had a training for foster care the Saturday we got back. Angela went with us. She is going to be our respite care provider, so she has to have certain trainings also. She is sweet for doing this, especially since she is 8 months pregnant. But, that's why I love her. Because she has a giving spirit and wants to help in any way she can. She will have to go to CPR class this weekend. Poor thing! She is a trooper.


I started my internship at the Collin County Advocacy Center in Plano this week. I will do some counseling in the evenings after work. I have passed all my tests and finished all my classes for my LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), but now I have to complete 3,000 hours for my internship. Yes, I did say 3,000 hours. I will learn alot where I will be working. Look it up and read about it if you want. http://www.cacplano.org/


Holly has been working on writing papers and doing some little things around the house. OH....did I mention we got 'Yard of the Month'. I would like to think I had something to do with this, but I think Holly's flowers put us over the top. I am the keeper of the grass and Holly is the flower whisperer. We were proud (and so were Macey and Jacey).

That's all for now. We will both start back to work on Monday and the students will be back the following Monday. Wow..what a short summer!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember the wisdom tooth yankage thing. I didn't have any issues so hopefully you won't either. Make Holly feed you lots of ice cream :D

    ReplyDelete